2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
few timbers ,

was 9 in this cluster , couldn't get the camera out quick enough

and a few hognose , saw 5 at this spot

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Tell me where this is so that I <span style="text-decoration: underline">never</span> go there!

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Sojourner66 said:
Tell me where this is so that I never go there!
x2

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Nice pics.I wish I had a dollar for every time some person saw a Copperhead or Cottonmouth when it was a color phase black snake or common water snake.People like to kill snakes and then complain about mice,rats and insects.Snakes might creep some folks out but they do the dirty work for free without chemicals.I had a Burmese Python,loved that little 7 foot sucker.Fed it mice,rats and hamsters people keep for pets.Too bad it died of respritory disease.It was actually a good pet.Used to have it with me and the wife watching tv sitting on the couch.It just hung out with us.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
peep site said:
Are the last two pictures rattlesnakes?
the last to are eastern hog nose snakes , docile non venomous. They hiss and flatten their heads out like a cobra to scare you away , if that doesn't work they roll over on their back and play dead . Really cool

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
if I see them I am still running away or backing off. they can eat all the mice they can. I just hate snakes.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Nice Pics! Did you get any with some good length? My wife got a 50 inch yellow Saturday. Figures she finds one snake this year and its a good one. I said I wasn't even picking up any that weren't 50 or bigger, I've found 65 so far and the biggest was around 46 or so. He one and only hits 50!

·
Premium Member
24,275 Posts
Nice pics!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts