The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved out of state and my parents just picked up and paid for a fox mount on my behalf. The buckshot exit holes weren't sewed up, and there are two completely exposed connecting holes on the wall side of the hide. If the pelt isn't groomed downwards the entry holes are very noticeable on the show side. This is my second mount that has to cover up shot damage (my coyote has no exposed entry and exit holes) and I would like to know how some of you would react to this if you were in my shoes?

Thanks!

·
Banned
649 Posts
I guess the taxidermist didn't want to sew anymore that's he wanted to! I guess if I knew who did the work it would go back to them to be fixed, of course depending if it was tanned or not! I could take a look at it, I'm just a little north of Butler if you would like me too!

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Sounds like he's a slacker, I'd complain to him just to give a chance to make it right. And I'd find a new taxi.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I would not take anything back to him thats for sure. I mean sewing takes up all of about 20 mins to do. If I were you I would tell him how you feel about it maybe he will make it right for you.

·
Banned
649 Posts
I'm guessing since that is the wall side he chose not to fix it, still should have been fixed though!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks like it may have been sewn up and it tore out when it was mounted. It really should be an easy fix by a knowledgable taxidermist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts