The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have to rotate my rape/turnip plots.What can I plant in spring that will feed throughout spring and summer that can be replaced in fall with fall/winter crop.I'm leaning toward either rye/peas for fall-winter.Maybe red clover for spring?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I planted Berseem clover last year but both fields I planted it in were taken over by weeds. I wasn't impressed with it but others have used it with success. I've planted soybeans the last two years on two acres. The deer were kind enough to keep the plot mowed down fairly well which allowed me to seed brassicas on top in late August and I got a decent crop but not as good as when I disked and the field up first.

I'd suggest soybeans, peas, buckwheat or some annual clover. The buckwheat is supposed to keep weeds down naturally.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellers.Can't make up my mind so I'll take all the suggestions I can get.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
threeinchmag said:
Thanks fellers.Can't make up my mind so I'll take all the suggestions I can get.
Rich, yer such a problem child.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Mom tells me that too.

Are ya dug out yet Brad?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
threeinchmag said:

Are ya dug out yet Brad?
Path to the truck, thats about it. Got a good bit of plowing to do with the atv once this slows down.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Dutch said:
threeinchmag said:

Are ya dug out yet Brad?
Path to the truck, thats about it. Got a good bit of plowing to do with the atv once this slows down.
You better watch Brad, an old guy like you shouldn't be shoveling that much snow.

We got 20 inches here, just got done plowing 4 driveways and then my winch cable snapped on me. Good thing it's done snowing.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
I just got done myself. No winch cable to snap, mechanical lift..... ugh.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hurt my back big time one year using the mechanical lift.Haven't used it for a while so now a days it's the snowblower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts