The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finnaly after 10+ years I have some wood furniture on the Encore.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
209x50. I'd like to pick up a used 22lr for a nice price for the Encore.

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
I hear ya!! I am excited about saturday as well
I will be in 1A with my NEF Sidekick .50

·
Registered
27 Posts
sweet looking encore im useing the same thing but mine is 15 in.209x50 hope i get one good luck to you have a safe hunt

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
John that is a nice rig you got there good luck Saturday.

I am not going B.P. saturday, however next week I will be in Maryland for the early season. I purchased my 209x50 the year they came out and after changing abut everything I finally have it where I want.
I removed the scope, replaced with Williams Peep sight and fiber optic front. took off tupperware stock adn replaced with Boyd's laminate. took the barrel to my brothers machine shop cut it down to 20", re-drill and tap for sights, re-cut the QLA in the last 1" of bore and cut the ram rod to fit with re-tap of the hole to fit the Jag and other accesories. still shoots minute of snuff can at 100 yards with 2 50gr pellets and a 245 powerbelt. sling has been removed for the picture.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice looking rig there 700.

How much of a pain was it to cut the brl down?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
really wasnt hard at all, I just stood around and watched my brother do the work he is a master machinist with 25 years expierence. I really enjoy it now, I could never figure on how T/C marketed the encore as a 200 yard rifle when I personaly would never take a shot that far, my gun no matter what scope or barrel length or load combination would shoot good enough for a sure thing kill at 200 yards, I just keep all shots at regular Pa woods hunting distances and the peep sight really works well. about 2 years after I did my barrel T/C came out with the Kahtadin barrel. I did take a nice 9 point in maryland at believe this or not 99 yards with that peep sight, after the shot my buddy lazered it for me. which was about as far as I would push my rifle's capability both before and after the changes.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've looked at those sights on Eabco's page, does it work better than open sights?

I have looked for years to buy a 15" 209x50 pistol but everytime I see one they want 275-300$... It might be better to buy a used 209 and have someone cut it down.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yes it seems that I personaly can shoot a more consistant shot with the peep sight, its very fast to get on target. sometimes you can find a cheap used 209x50 on the net, Im not sure what it would cost to have one cut down. If you come into a extra rifle barrel PM me and I can find out if he'll do another.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
nice work,

I am pumped to go out on sat, but I am not liking the weather forecast rain is not fun when you are carrying a flintlock

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I usually only go out to be a driver BUT have not heard from anyone in my group. I usually don't shoot doe in October--------If I do shoot one it is the 2nd week of the season but usually not until late season flintlock.
Good luck to all of you heading out!!

Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts