The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did not make it out last week due to work, but will be out next week. Finally got the longhunter outfit ready (for the most part) for this year. Wife made the clothes and I made the rifle. My .50 cal Bedford (Smokey II) I built a couple years ago and already a proven meat getter

Attachments

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Did not make it out last week due to work, but will be out next week. Finally got the longhunter outfit ready (for the most part) for this year. Wife made the clothes and I made the rifle. My .50 cal Bedford (Smokey II) I built a couple years ago and already a proven meat getter

WHERE'S YOUR ORANGE HAT?!?!?!? just kidding:grin2: you look really good!!!! nice job on the cloth's!!!! when I made my frock 35 years ago what a pain doing the fringe!!!! pick pick pick!!!!!! very nice rifle too!!! good luck and I hope you get one:smile2:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, actually the pants are from over 20 years ago when the wife made them and my 1st frock and linen shirt. Needed a larger frock for winter hunting and asked her to make one. She handed me the fringe to help pick as part of the deal. She also made me 2 shirts out of flannel and fleece for winter hunting. Waist coat is next as well as a 2nd pair of pants. May have the pants done in wool. Wool leggings are also on the to do list

Reactions: blackpowder

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
my shirts are calico cotton, a very fancy elk leather one that I seldom wear and I have a heavy wool hunting shirt for over the cotton if its cold. pants are elk leather and if cold long john's under. if its really cold, the capote over top. wool is the way to go, you can't beat it!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a heavy wool hunting shirt too, did not take pic wearing it though. Last couple years it was about 15* so you can bet there will be polys under those cotton pants haha.

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Nice!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts