The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Its actually closer to 4' now and rising, but yes its blown out.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks any idea if you think it will go down. I may have to hit up Freeman run.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, Freeman, Wykoff or other feeders will be okay. 1st fork will not be down for at least 48 hrs. You can go back on USGS and see other times when it was that high and get an idea how long it will take based on perviously similar events. Great tool.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you are correct that it takes about 4 days. Sunday might be decent. We shall see. The real feel temp is supposed to be -1. Do i really need to fish that bad?...... I think so. I will not be wading in anything over my knees. Too dangerous to even think about wading

·
Registered
222 Posts
I assume the guage is reading correctly, but you should also pay attention to the disclaimer reported at the top of the page: "During cold weather, ice effects on stage and discharge determinations at some stream-gaging stations are likely. Data values reported on these pages may be significantly higher or lower than actual streamflow. Adjustment of data for ice effects can only be done after detailed analysis. Users are encouraged to contact this office for more information on specific stream-gaging stations."

That happens pretty often in the winter when the guages get iced up, or when upstream ice jams break loose following warm spells. That may not be case there though.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From my insider reports it is just about at flood stage
looks like ill most likely be tying flys and doing philosophy home work, or throwing the heaviest flies i have.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well she came down to 7.7' above normal. Lets hope Mt Fisher is wrong. It could be covered with ice. If it keeps dropping i may be able to get out sunday morning. I know i will end up trying at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts