The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Rayzr feathers

698 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  shootbowtech 
#1 ·
I have to re fletch my arrows and was thinking about trying these. Just wondering if anyone is using them and how they like them.

#3 ·
I've used them for over a year now. They are ok. I found them to completlely deform and matte down when wet and had to reflecth some arrows after hunting in the rain with them. I was able to get a little more helical out of them then a blazer vane and they worked good with my Grizztricks. Broadhead tuned out to 50yards. They are feathers so they wore down more than vanes from arrow to arrow contact on target(shooting drop away).

Switching to the 3" shield cut feathers by Gateway this year to see that they do. I'm staying with the feathers, these are supposed to be more water resistant.

#5 ·
I have shot rayzr feathers on all of my 3D setups over the past few years with really great results. Love the lack of weight on the rear end of the shaft. I shot them a few seasons ago with broadheads, and found them to be pretty good. Nice and quiet in flight, and controlled fixed heads pretty well. I still prefer a full helical blazer vane, but will be trying some 3" helical vanes this coming season for something new.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.