The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, heading up to Raystown lake for a long weekend over the fourth and was curious if it would be worth taking the snake gear. Been having a great season at my usual spots but have never been to Raystown and wasn't sure if it would be worth making a trip or two to find some snakes.

Thanks in advance for it input!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I don't hunt snakes, but know the area well. I would try Trough Creek, Terrace Mountain, or Sgl 67 on the east side of the lake or Sgl 73 on the west side.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I will definitely check it out. Have you seen rattlesnakes around or heard of them in the area?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! I haven't heard of it but I will definitely check it out. Is it worth checking any decent looking spots on the way up or just go straight to the top and work that rock slide? Being that I'll be up there with family I'm just looking to make most of my time away and don't want to waste it kicking around if that area is most promising.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Post some of your catches here

Reactions: Dean Conklin

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks for the advice guys but I unfortunately don't have any pictures to share. The weather didn't quite cooperate this weekend. With the constant threat of rain, I had to make the most of the good weather and spend time on the boat with the family. Had a great time regardless but just didn't get to sneak away for any snake hunting like I expected. Will definitely keep the spots in mind for next time!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The other side of the mountain where 164 comes down and meets 26 , you'll note a church and some proprieties on the right hand side prior to the intersection.
Ask around and get in there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts