The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see the newly released video? What a punk! I have a hard time believing no one from the NFL saw the video before today. This is already starting to blow up in Goodell's face. I think they'll have no other recourse than to revisit the initial punishment and extend it.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expect by the end of business today or at the latest, start of business tomorrow, Goodell and the ratbirds are going to use their mulligan on this one.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They just announced the Ravens just cut him.

·
Registered
39,594 Posts
Are the Ravens fans still clapping and cheering for him?

·
Registered
39,594 Posts
The NFL has now suspended him indefinitely.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Hate to say it because its the Ratbirds but, thumbs up to the Ravens for cutting him. No excuse, EVER, for what he did.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't pat them on the back too hard. They had the opportunity to do it when it happened but whiffed badly. Even after Rice told him what he did. Had the video never been released, Rice would have never been released. Damage control and not wanting to lose merch money from the female fans is all this is.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I know, but, they still did it. Some organizations may not have taken that step.
Do we know for sure the Ravens saw the entire video or just the "dragging" portion of the clip that was released previously?

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
They only cut him because they HAD to. There was no way to keep him after that. If there had been, they would have.

·
Registered
21,034 Posts
This whole thing makes no sense... Two people walked into an elevator and one came out dragging the other, what exactly did they think happened in there? Why the sudden backlash? Everyone is so appalled just because this new video was released? Why? If everyone agreed that RR beat his wife and her unconscious state was as a direct result of his hitting her why is everyone so shocked?

He was trash the day this whole situation came to light and this new video changes nothing for me. It's as if everyone is reacting as a result of something we all already knew. Freakin pathetic if you ask me, I don't care if the NFL saw this video or not!!!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Ray Lewis was no better, and the Ratbirds built him a dang statue already!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You can take the hood out of the ghetto
Can't take the ghetto out of the hood

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
As a long time die hard Steeler fan I have a very difficult time coming on here and bashing the Ravens for the handling of the Ray Rice situation when my own team continues to permit Dumb and Dumber, who were caught smoking weed on the way to the flight for the Phiily game where they coincidentally got totally smashed, still play every game without penalty.
Even if it was a mulligan chance, at least the Ravens did the right thing in the end. Ashamed as I am to say it, so far the Ravens have a little more character than the Steelers this year on these issues.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
HUGE difference between domestic violence / aggravated assault and smoking a little weed.
They HAD to release him after the video came out , nothing to do with morals or higher standards it all comes down to $$$. Too much to lose with this guy on your team.
Kind of hard to sell a pink #27 jersey now.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I believe the steelers caught some flak from the NFL for suspending Sàntonio Holmes for smoking a blount.

·
Registered
21,034 Posts
camohunter7 said:
They HAD to release him after the video came out , nothing to do with morals or higher standards it all comes down to $$$. Too much to lose with this guy on your team.
Not directed at anyone, more so on the idea the Ravens had to do this BECAUSE of this video.

They should have released him before the video came out if they really had standards. What ecaxtly did this video show or prove to anyone that we didn't already know? And the NFL should have suspended him indefinitely before the public outcry and before this video was released and Goodell says "we got it wrong".

Seriously, what did this video change? How is the story different because of it?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i think justice was served for that part..now they need to remove goodell..i believe he knew of this...and tried to cover it up

1 - 20 of 68 Posts