The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He KO's his fiancée (on film no less), and that earns him a paltry two game suspension.

That Cleveland WR smoked some weed and it looks like he'll be suspended for the year.

Is it just me or is NFL discipline completely out of whack?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
League is completely screwed up.
Roethlisberger got 4 games for an accusation ,no charges filed.
Irsay ( Colts ) dui , and nothing.
Terrell Pryor got 5 games for trading merchandise for tattoos in COLLEGE ?!?!

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
I figured to see a Rice thread today.

Goodell crapped the bed on this one. Where's der Women's Lib on this one with the protest signs ?

Is there even a "Women's Lib" anymore ? I may be dating myself.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
And your evidence supporting this is what, exactly? Watch the police interview with her, you will see why there were no charges filed. Didn't the Eagles sign a guy a few years back who admitted to brutally torturing defenseless animals?

·
Registered
39,637 Posts
Sure did but I'm not defending him.

I'm just asking if that's the girl he paid off? If he wasn't guilty, why pay? Wasn't Bg Ben also accused of an assault by another girl in Georgia?

·
Registered
39,637 Posts
Btw, I don't think an attack on an animal can be equated to an attack on another human being. Especially, when it is a male on a female and she can't defend herself.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
What NFL discipline..When they get caught doing drugs your career is over buddy, bye, bye , that and only that would break it up...stop the cash flow you stop the problem......

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
It may have been cheaper for him to pay the "I'm having baby Roethlisberger's" crazy girl off than to go through all the legal fees. Coulda done it, too. I don't know. You don't know, only two people really do.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
dc 21 said:
Sure did but I'm not defending him.

I'm just asking if that's the girl he paid off? If he wasn't guilty, why pay? Wasn't Bg Ben also accused of an assault by another girl in Georgia?
Ben was suspended 6 games for the "Georgia" incident. It was then cut back to four.

The Vegas incident was settled out of court. The woman had filed a civil suit. Why, sometimes those are easier to prove, and the accused in many cases will pay just to get it behind them. No admission of guilt implied.

BTW, not to change the subject, but the Pouncey brothers were slapped with a civil suit today.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
dc 21 said:
Btw, I don't think an attack on an animal can be equated to an attack on another human being. Especially, when it is a male on a female and she can't defend herself.
So you're saying that shooting dogs because they lost you money on a bet is okay? Dousing them with water and then cattle prodding them to kill them because they lost a fight is okay? Swinging them by their hind legs to bash their brains out because they dared to lose a fight and lose you money is okay? Okay because it was "just an animal" and not a person. I see.
But because Ben was accused and Vick was CONVICTED. Vick's is okay because they were "just animals."

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Not to mention the fact that even if an accuser drops charges, the police can still file charges if there is evidence to support that. Again, no charges filed on Ben. Vick convicted and did time. But hey...they were just animals.

·
Registered
39,637 Posts
I guess you don't think old frat boy Ben did anything wrong. I'd be willing to bet if it was your daughter/sister/friend you'd be feeling a whole lot different.

Your post seems to indicate I'm trying to defend Vick. I'm not. I could care less if Vick got ten years for his despicable crimes. He's a creep but he never assaulted any females. If Ben didn't have the money to pay her off he'd probably be playing for a prison football team right now, maybe alongside someone like Michael Vick. Lucky for him he had the cash to buy his way out.

Go ahead and defend him. I'm sure his parents are proud too.

And for the record, I didn't bring Vick into the conversation.

·
Registered
39,637 Posts
kudu58 said:
Not to mention the fact that even if an accuser drops charges, the police can still file charges if there is evidence to support that. Again, no charges filed on Ben. Vick convicted and did time. But hey...they were just animals.

Yep, good luck getting a conviction without an accuser to testify. An accuser who was paid off.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
And you read the part where the cops can charge Ben also right? So Ben paid off the accuser and all the cops right?

And I don't defend Ben as you claim. He is flat out stupid to even permit himself to be anywhere near those situations. And something happened. But if my daughter or girlfriend was dumb enough to be underage and drunk in a bar and get herself into the situation also, even if I was mad, I would also realize there was mutual responsibility present. There are thing s called gold diggers. Just strikes me really odd with no charges filed.
And it's always some loudmouth Eagles fan starting it up when they have no room to talk whether they mentioned Vick or not.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
dc 21 said:
kudu58 said:

Yep, good luck getting a conviction without an accuser to testify. An accuser who was paid off.
dc 21 said:
kudu58 said:

DC, you do understand that there is a difference between a payoff, and a settlement, don't you? There is also a difference between a civil, and criminal trial. As I noted in a previous post, "The Vegas incident was settled out of court. The woman had filed a civil suit. Why, sometimes those are easier to prove, and the accused in many cases will pay just to get it behind them. No admission of guilt implied." There is a huge difference between a civil suit, and a criminal case. In a civil suit, "the judge or jury has to make a decision about which side wins based on a standard called “preponderance of the evidence.” This means that, if you win, your side of the story is more likely than not. It does not mean that one side brought in more evidence than the other side. It means that one side’s evidence was more believable than the other's.

In some cases, the standard for reaching a decision is “clear and convincing evidence.” This means that, for you to win, you have to prove that your version of the facts is highly probably or reasonably certain, or “substantially more likely than not.”

BUT neither of these standards is as strong as the standard in criminal cases, which requires the state to prove that the defendant is guilty of the crime he or she is being charged with beyond a reasonable doubt."

I'm not defending Ben, and I'm sure his parents are not proud of some of his antics (the bike incident for one). But, you did bring up the whole Vegas incident, so you might as well understand the facts.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, the Georgia girl reported she was attacked by a guy "approximately" 6'5" and "approximately" 24<span style="font-weight: bold">1</span> pounds. Those are the exact numbers the Steelers showed on their website on Ben.

·
Registered
39,637 Posts
kudu58 said:
And you read the part where the cops can charge Ben also right? So Ben paid off the accuser and all the cops right?

And I don't defend Ben as you claim. He is flat out stupid to even permit himself to be anywhere near those situations. And something happened. But if my daughter or girlfriend was dumb enough to be underage and drunk in a bar and get herself into the situation also, even if I was mad, I would also realize there was mutual responsibility present. There are thing s called gold diggers. Just strikes me really odd with no charges filed.
And it's always some loudmouth Eagles fan starting it up when they have no room to talk whether they mentioned Vick or not.
I never said he paid off the cops. Why would you insinuate that?

Also, I thought this was an open forum where anybody could comment.

Btw, if loudmouth Eagle fans want to comment, they can. I just don't think there are any of those on this site.

Ben still thinks he is a BMOC and maybe he is, in Pittsburgh. Every where else he's just a jerk who thinks he can do whatever he pleases.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts