The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
Good friend of mine got one of the first off the assembly line about a month ago. I haven't shot it yet, but he measured the trigger pull at #7 which is very high for crossbows. He contacted the company and was told that they had to increase the trigger pull on this model for safety reasons. My buddy said it felt like pulling the trigger with the safety on it was so high. Other than that, he was impressed with the value for dollar.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
why spend $1599.00 for a R10 when you can get this guy for $799.00
What is the same is the "technology" of the front end on the two bows. The components that make up the two bows are very different. If one doesn't mind a bow being a little rough around the edges to get similar performance and handling characteristics, then the Centerpoint is probably the better choice.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
They worth the money yes. They are pretty solid, but they are half the price for a reason. They absolutely lack the refinement of the Ravin and also do not have the same down range accuracy as the Ravin. But if you want the "SKINNY" design and you have a top end budget of $800 it is probably the best option out there.

Reactions: Six-Gun

·
Registered
199 Posts
$800 is not cheap.. My concern would be why it's half the price. Can the 'cheaper' limbs etc withstand the power and tension etc of these bows over time? Is it a huge headache down the road possibly during hunt season?

I'm certainly not trying to sell any brand, but there is little doubt in my mind that you will find a better quality bow for $800 than Ten Points Turbo or Titan M-1. Both are also very narrow, light, fast, and the new T9 trigger will be far better than the trigger on that Ravin 'copy cat'. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just bought a CenterPoint 400(list at $799.00) from Gander world...only $456 that was made by Ravin and had all ravin Blazer .003/20 Bolts and the same Ravin Scope for $456.00. I can get a ravin Jack plate and it will fit it ( I called to find out) ......if you call crosman....and asked questions about the bow...they transfer you to Ravin.....so jacked. I will shoot it i today.....

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
I just bought a CenterPoint 400(list at $799.00) from Gander world...only $456.
You got a new Centerpoint 400 for $456? It wasn't used, demo, or refurbished?
Man so many issues with this post. The center point and Ravin are significantly different they don't have the same bolts and don't have the same scopes not even close that's why they are 1/2 price. They aren't made by Ravin they are made by crossman who owns Ravin and that allows them to use or infringe on copy right laws. Not the same bow. And I would happily call bull on that price for that bow unless it was used demo etc

·
Registered
738 Posts
CAll Gander Mountain with tax was $505....814-266-1777 Johnstown....

Call Crosman- 1-800-724-7486...

You wont...as it is true....Great deal...don't cry tome I am Just tell you what it is.....it was in the flyer...too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts