The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Bow,muzzleloader,gun
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a chance to try these out of there ravin yet? They come in aluminum,steel,titanium. On sale at cabelas right now. Just curious how they shot.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I've tested the Titanium models. They do everything they claim, but with a little research you can figure out what broadhead company is manufacturing them for Ravin. Not sure what Cabela's is selling them for, but Ravin list them at $85 per three pack. There's less expensive broadheads on the market that will perform just as well and kill deer just as dead for a lot less money IMO.

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
NAP manufacturers these "bullets" for Ravin. I have not shot the Ravin branded broadheads but have shot the NAP from crossbows and they shot well. The one above is the Killzone.

An option for you to look at if you like the Titanium option is the SEVR broadhead which is below. It is a titanium constructed two blade sold direct from the manufacturer for $14 a piece so will be less expensive then the Ravins. The more you buy, the less expensive they get. They can be locked closed for practice as well. I shot them out of many crossbows and killed a few critters with them. They perform well.

·
Registered
Bow,muzzleloader,gun
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

they were on sale for 39.97 for the aluminum’s which are the ones I purchased to try out. The titanium’s were 69$ On sale on there as well. Thanks for the info guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts