The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to have a civil, adult conversation about today's game? I don't mean finger pointing at the other teams players and their past. For those that don't know, I'm a diehard Ravens fan, BUT I don't have "Ravens blinders" on. If a team played good or bad, I'll be the 1st to admit it. With that being said........

The Steelers offense was pathetic. Ben should have just took a sack on 2 of those interceptions. I think what happened was a below average offense ran into one of the leagues top defenses. Ray Lewis causing fumbles 20 yards downfield, Ngata getting through the O-line at will, how many times was Heinz Ward put on his back?

On the other hand, the Ravens offense surprisingly good. Flacco looked sharp, O-line opened up huge holes for Rice and Williams, receivers ran good routes and caught the ball.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
There is no discussion. The Ravens won in all three phases today. The game should have been 63-7 with the way the Steeler offense was trying to lose. Classy work by Harbaugh to call a fake FG on an extra point attempt up by 4 scores, though.

·
6,453 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
There is no discussion. The Ravens won in all three phases today. The game should have been 63-7 with the way the Steeler offense was trying to lose. Classy work by Harbaugh to call a fake FG on an extra point attempt up by 4 scores, though.
hey im a steeler fan as you know but there was nothing wrong with going for 2. the steelers should have stopped it plain and simple they just stunk it up today.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I didn't like it when the Steelers ran it up against the Raiders, and I don't like it now either.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At what point to you call the dogs off? That score put them up by 22. Last year, in the playoffs, the Steelers scored like 28 unanswered points. On the 1st 3 scores, the Ravens obviously saw a hole in the defense. The Steelers just got lazy. You got to play the whole game. Just because you're losing, you can't take plays off. If the Ravens were up by 45, it would be a different story.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
good day to have ray rice on your fantasy team. he left a big steaming pile on the score board today for me!

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
I didn't like it when the Steelers ran it up against the Raiders, and I don't like it now either.
You call 2 points instead 1 running it up??!!

I think they took the opportunity, since they were winning by so much, to practice a little. Can't say I blame 'em.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Wait till next time they meet...oh well 1 game....definately feel sorry for the seahawks. Next week...lol

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
The only hope I have going away from that debachery is the Ravens woke a sleeping giant in the Steelers and they respond appropriately from here on out. Apparently someone forgot to tell Flacco and the Ravens they weren't supposed to be able to beat the Steelers when Ben was starting.

·
Registered
20,802 Posts
Dan Castle said:
good day to have ray rice on your fantasy team. he left a big steaming pile on the score board today for me!
The funny thing is, typically against the Steelers, your hopes for Rice wouldn't be that good. Undoubtedly his best game against the Steelers.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
rlfb74 said:
At what point to you call the dogs off? That score put them up by 22. Last year, in the playoffs, the Steelers scored like 28 unanswered points. On the 1st 3 scores, the Ravens obviously saw a hole in the defense. The Steelers just got lazy. You got to play the whole game. Just because you're losing, you can't take plays off. If the Ravens were up by 45, it would be a different story.
That's one of those decisions that looks good now but if we would have won 21-20 it would have been the worst decision of the year.

I agree that he wasn't trying to run the score up heck it's only one point.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Buckethead said:
The only hope I have going away from that debachery is the Ravens woke a sleeping giant in the Steelers and they respond appropriately from here on out. Apparently someone forgot to tell Flacco and the Ravens they weren't supposed to be able to beat the Steelers when Ben was starting.
That's what I have been trying to tell myself. I hope it's true.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts