The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Jacksonville D that good or does every other team play down to their level? Baltimore should be killing them!

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
I think the Steelers should watch this tape and see how to shut down the Birds!!!!

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Nice to see Joe Choke-O doing what he does best at the crucial point of the game!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm not really sure what happened. The offense was absolutely pathetic. That was the 1st time I saw the Jags play this year, but I can't believe that their defense is that good. MJD is a good runner and went over a hundred yards, which is hard to do against our D. When you don't give up a TD, hold your opponent to 90 passing yards and force 4 fumbles, there is no way you should lose. With all the offensive weapons that we have, there is no way you should only score 1 TD. I guess it was a combination of a stale offense going up against a defense that was ready.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
MQ-1 said:
I think the Steelers should watch this tape and see how to shut down the Birds!!!!
It could be that the Steelers had a bad day last time the two teams met. Recent history shows that they already know how to shut down the Ravens. Especially in January, when the games really matter.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Recent history shows that they already know how to shut down the Ravens. Especially in January, when the games really matter.
Not sure "shut down" is the right phrase. The largest margin of victory by the Steelers since 2008 was 9 points. Sure, there were large victories by both squads. This year by the Ravens and in 2006 you beat us 31-7 (we also beat you 27-0 that year). The Steelers record vs the Ravens in January games is 2-1.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
And that's what makes Steelers/Ravens such a good rivalry. Till they meet in the playoffs, then all the drama is gone since the conclusion is inevitable.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Oops. My mistake. The Steeler record vs the Ravens in January is 3-0, not 2-1. I guess it is inevitable....so far.

·
Registered
20,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alls well that ends well, but I was still surprised that the Ravens lost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts