1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,081 Posts
I think it was worst than last winter

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
The early part wasn't so bad, but I don't ever remember another February being this consistently cold. As for snow, pretty average, maybe even a bit less than normal here in the 'burg.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Terrible. I've been working 60-84 hour weeks straight since beginning of January ... Outside. I love the people that complain about it that have the cushy office jobs, the ones that are out in it a couple minutes a day. Nights have been brutally cold out there.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Snow was below average but the run of low temps and windy days makes me looking forward to spring.
Not sure if it was the weather or all the preventive work PPL did after last winter but I only lost power 2 times and 1 hr was the longest.

·
Administrator
28,506 Posts
The snowfall in my area is right up there but wont exceed the yearly average of 225-250 inches. On the other hand, the average low temperature for the month of February has broken records as far back as the 1830s.

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From last winter I lost all 6 of my butterfly bushes, a few new ones came up on there own last summer, guess they are probably gone. Extreme cold nights this year. Could of sworn I heard an Owl use the S word one night.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Total, utter, and complete crap. I tried to enjoy it today with a walk in the woods and was turned back after 1/4 mile of unbearable walking. A foot of snow that you break through 4 inches into it is no fun. Snow shoes? Sure I could, but the thought of slugging through the brush with those on without having to makes me want to move south too.

·
Registered
688 Posts
WE were cruising until February. It would be 50ish at least once a week or so. Then the bottom dropped out. I still think last winter was consistently worse. I still see robins 1-2 times a week. Since the new year the high has been 61. Low -12. Brrrr.

·
Registered
24,815 Posts
mrfritz44 said:
Total, utter, and complete crap. I tried to enjoy it today with a walk in the woods and was turned back after 1/4 mile of unbearable walking. A foot of snow that you break through 4 inches into it is no fun. Snow shoes? Sure I could, but the thought of slugging through the brush with those on without having to makes me want to move south too.
I walk the woods every morning and every evening... get a couple of paths packed down with the snow shoes the just walk on top with regular boots.

This evenings walk didn't even need a light the moon was that bright and clear. Again got to see Venus and Mars in the western sky and it wasn't brutally cold. But I do stay on those paths

If we get more snow like they're calling for tomorrow the snowshoes will come out again to pack those paths..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts