The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been numerous threads, but. Well, the wife says I can get one from Santa, just cant go crazy. I narrowed it down to 4 xbows.
1---Barnett Quad -400
2---Barnett Revolution AVI
3---Horton Team Realtree
4---Ten Point Titan hlx
I have them in no particular order, but how would you guys rate them? Shooting out of a portable tree stand.
Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Of those four, no question the Ten Point. JMHO.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
+1

How did you get to those 4 , if i can ask?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those were the ones in price range. Any others I should look at?
Bruce

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure about the other three, but have shots my dads ten point before. Easy to use, very accurate and shoots great groups. Cant go wrong with the ten point.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Did you look at the Parker Tornado? It is GREAT in a tree stand, and IMO better balanced feel then all you have listed(I shot 3 of the 4 you have listed).

If it is just down to what you have listed, Definitely the Ten Point.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
On the list, go with the Ten Point for sure. You will have far fewer problems with it, than the others. Have you looked at the Parkers at all? Parker builds a bow in your price range and backs it with a lifetime warrany. When you are ready to buy, give me a call and I'll shoot you a price. See the link at the top of this page.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
I got my parker buckbuster from arrowhead, its in the same price range and i really like it

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
May I also say that although I love my Parker Buckbuster I'm kind of wishing that I had shelled out the extra cash for the Tornado....it's a little slimmer which I think would be a little better in a tree and it's got just a little bit better feel to it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Parker tornado is a great xbow, you should take a look at one and shoot one if you have the chance before you make up your mind.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Since it was brought up, my wife and I both shoot Parker Tornado's. We could have hunted with any crossbow on the market. We are dealers for all major brands of crossbows and the Tornado was the best bow for our needs. She hunts out of a ground blind and I'm a treestand hunter. The Tornado works better out of a treestand than many of the other bows, because of it's compact limbs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, most people are saying about the excaliber, parker, and ten point. I like the idea of Parker(I shoot a Parker ultra light). I read alot about parkers safety and dry fire being bad, but I read so much good stuff about Ten Point. I am going to look at them this weekend and get a feel for them.
Bruce

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
My son and I shoot the Parker Buckbuster. Great to shoot, lightweight, accurate and fun!!! Parker makes quality.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a ten point pro slider and my dad has a titan and we just love ours. not only that, but i feel that ten points customer sevice is top notch.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts