The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Cool survey. if I had to pick a best and worst it would be Brando and Crowe respectively. I would put Depp and DeCaprio as tied in the middle. How about doing one from best to worst?

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Same goes for the 5 on Mr Scientology goof Tom Cruise and no dessert for a week.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I voted as my thoughts on acting ability AND support for our 2nd Amendment rights. That unfortunately leaves some talented actors off the list.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hanks A great actor can't agree with him on any thing. Cruise a complete idiot cant stand him. Jimmy Stewart the best on the list. The Duke and Gary Cooper getn no love. I would have to say Kurt Russell one of the best actors too.

·
Registered
20,204 Posts
How did you skip The Duke or Christopher Walken?

·
Registered
12,402 Posts
There is a difference between actors I enjoy watching, and those who are good actors. John Wayne, I'll watch any day, but as an actor he wasn't that great at his craft, His best, as an actor, was probably the Quiet Man. I enjoy Clint, who I think is a better actor, but still not great. Hanks is a better actor, but I just don't enjoy his roles that much. Part of it, at least it seems to me, that some are character actors for whom parts must be written to conform to their character and others are actors who can mold themselves to fit almost any role. I really don't like Sean Connery's Bond movies, but almost any non-Bond role is good. Richard Chamberlain was a classic actor who could do Shakespeare, tv drivel, westerns or even adventure (Shogun) Calista Flockheart that did that drivel Ally McBeal show also did a couple really good film versions of Shakespeare's plays. Heck Erol Flynn was better than some of the actor choices.

·
Registered
12,402 Posts
Errol Flynn did westerns, drama, romances, although mainly adventure movies. Bengal Lancers, Santa Fe Trail (played Jeb Stuart), They died With Their Boots On, Master of Ballantrae, Command Performance, Robin Hood, as well as Captain Blood.

BTW, what is a "swashbuckle" and how do you wear a "swash"
(I think it is one of those english words that has no definition once you separate the parts. Like "short shrift", What is a shrift? and why is a short one bad? Is a long shrift good?

As much as I don't like Tom Cruise for alot of reasons, he is one of the better actors.

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
As much as I don't like Tom Cruise for alot of reasons, he is one of the better actors.
For a diminutive little sucker that's into weird, cult-like religions, he sure can get the gals.

.... and what the heck was Jeb Stuart doing on the Santa Fe Trail ?

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Wow,all very good actors although some are freaks.Take Tom Hanks.Goes from forest Gump to saving private ryan.Great job of acting in both.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts