The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to look at a 2015 Polaris ranger 570 this week and i was wondering if they would be okay for utility work such as doing food plots ect. I am Not into trail riding

What are the Pro & Cons of this machine and if I do buy one should I get power steering

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have an 08 Teryx . Only time I wish I had power steering is when I'm trail riding ALL day . You get quite a work out . If your going to be pulling implements to work your food plot , I would think a bigger engine with more torque would cause less strain on the machine . JMHO Best of luck to you .

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
I would tend to agree, if you are looking for a workhorse, I would look at bigger engine.
The 570 is a fine machine for trails and light duty work, but if your main focus is work, I would go for bigger CC's.

·
Registered
802 Posts
get the biggest available you can afford. you wont regret it. you may want to look at a tractor if you plan on mostly using it for working the dirt. I have both and would take the tractor any day over the ranger for field work. you can get a nice used tractor for the price of a ranger

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up buying a 2015 full size Polaris 570. I already have a a 32 hp kubota 4 x 4 with a tiller, disc. spreader

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a 570 midsize and that thing has more power than my Arctic Cat 700. I disced and planted 3 acres of food plots without any issues this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts