The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking to purchase a decent range finder, I've never owned one.
Cabelas has these two in which I'm kinda interested it.

1. Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC
2.ProStaff 550 rangefinder

They offer a package deal that includes a scope.
They are running about the same price give or take $20.

I know one has ARC and the other doesnt. Is it good to have, or does it cause more confusion?

Also, if I buy the package deal, do you know what scopes cones with them? They dont say it in the description.
Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
Get the nikon riflehunter, Easy operation and has the ID tech same as arc wgich is good out to about 550 yards! I love mine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
IMHO save a little more and get a Nikon or leupold. This is something you will have a long time. Get the best quality you can afford.
If you are limited in your finances and need one now I would probably go with the Bushnell.
I have the "ARC" technology in my Leupold and unless you are shooting at very steep angles you probably do not need it

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I owned a bushnell sport and upgraded to the ARC. I never had a problem with either unit and just wanted the arc for a hunt out west for the rifle mode with drop compensation.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think you will be much happier the the Nikon riflehunter. It has the same ID tech system that allows for the incline and decline adjustments... very easy to use and a lot better quality. go with Nikon you will not regret it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts