The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I like my Halo XRT-7, bought at Dick's when my old one got broken. Coupon that came in the mail plus on sale plus $25 rebate=less than $100.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would tell you to save up, and get something of great quality. To me a rangefinder is a critical piece of equipment when it comes to hunting. When, and if my current one craps out I fully plan on a top of the line one. I have played around with a Nikon 7I VR--vibration resistant rangefinder, and some others.
I realize you are looking for something in a specific cost range. Simply do as you are--research, and buy the very best you can afford. The one mentioned above--the Halo--I have heard nothing bad about them.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have a Nikon Archers Choice.. the orange back light mode is a joke... It ranges ok on fair weather days.. but any rain,or hint of fog and dusk and dawn hours it stinks.... I get a constant 6 yd reading.. but I live with it as most of my shots are inside 25 yards in my current area I hunt.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
I got a Simmons for Christmas 3-4 years ago and it works fine for my archery and rifle needs.You can get one for $100.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got a Simmons for Christmas 3-4 years ago and it works fine for my archery and rifle needs.You can get one for $100.
''

What model is it, please?
I would quess it was a Simmons 600. There are a few
different versions of the 600. My dad had the 600 LRF a few years ago and it worked very well for the price, which I believe was right around $100 at Dicks Sporting Goods. There is now a Simmons 600 Volt which is right around that price online as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
SIMMONS LRF 600 4X.You can find it or the volt for just under $100.I just looked the model I have is on ebay for $79.99 with free shipping.I didn't really search for the best price though.Good luck in your search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts