The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys~I'm new to this forum, but figured I share a photo of first .204 Ruger, on it's maiden voyage to the range. Couldn't wait any longer, I've had the rifle almost 2 months and have been waiting for a break in the weather to try it out. Today wouldn't have qualified as a nice day weather-wise, but nicest in a while. Load testing went well, I got 2 of my reloads shooting under 1/2 MOA. On 32gr. Hornady V-Max, the other, a Sierra BlitzKing shooting near maximum spec for H322. Going to refine the loads a little, and return when the temps allow for some blood flow to the fingers!

Here she is...on the bench;

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tony300wby said:
Nice. Kimber?

Good luck, Tony
Hey Tony~it's a Cooper M51, one of the first in Canada. Until the M51, Cooper's only .204s were single shots, so when I learned a repeater was coming down the pipe some time ago, I got my name on the list!

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
That is nice!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!
Dug-up the first photos I took of it, here are a couple more views. I've never owned a rifle anything like this, but I'm sure pleased with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Papsattic~thanks! It is a Vortex, a Viper HS 4-16x44 with their "BDC" reticle. I have one on my .223 as well. I think they're great scopes for the money, but I think I heard the new Diamonbacks are being offered in a 6-18x power range..might be worth considering. I have a new 4-12x Diamond on my 17M2, and it's really impressed me for the price of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts