The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you store milkweed in when on stand. I need something better than my hard to operate one handed sandwich bag

anyone find a good walkie talkie app when close together but no service. Tried some that didn’t work

Anyone in Cambria county finding acorns. I have yet to find one.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Get small rubber bands or hair ties (having a daughter comes in handy here) and wrap one around the pod when you pick it. That keeps the pod from opening when it dries and I just throw a pod in a cargo pocket, no secondary storage needed. Still a little messy in the pocket but it's hunting.

I don't believe phones have the equipment to properly operate on the VHF spectrum going to need to go the real deal here. Any phone app I think would be using the cell towers not radio spectrum waves.

Haven't been down Cambria way but a lot of chestnut acorns in Centre and Blair. A few whites but the deer are finishing up on them and moving onto the chestnut. No reds to speak of.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have a small side pocket on a dump pouch of my tree saddle that I stuff with milkweed, two fingers plucks a bunch out off my left hip, only time I can't reach it when I'm holding my bow. I don't worry about the mess, I get more of those tiny burrs on my clothes than milkweed anyway.

·
Registered
#FJB
2,659 Posts
I use an empty pill container for my milkweed. Been doing it that way for many years.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I keep my milkweed in a small front pocket of my fanny pack, and a side pocket of a rope bag on my saddle. I keep the fanny pack zipper open and just reach down when needed.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
I have a small pouch on my fanny pack that I throw a couple pods in.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Old scent wafer container. Pull a few tufts out and pinch the lid shut on them. Then just grab what's sticking out.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I don’t take a pack so I just cram a bunch of it a chest pocket of my jacket. I think the pocket is designed for a range finder. I tried a baggie but like you said, pain in the butt. Pack er full and you’re good to go. I hung all my stuff outside last week and realized my pocket is still full from last year.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i second what the above poster said with the coin purse. I use my daughters old hello kitty one from when she was like 4 or 5. Works great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts