The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a quick 45 minute spotlight adventure around my camp up here in Sigel. Seen a total of 37 deer. Eight bucks, five of which were legal... Just throwing that out there for whoever may hunt around the area. Its good to see deer again up here. From 2006-2009 the deer were shot off up here pretty bad. Nice to see them making a comeback. Im only 27 years old but i can remember when i first started hunting at the age of 12 up here. It was nothing to see 50-60 deer on opening day.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Shhhhh!! No need to post stuff like that on here!! Lol.

If we wanna see deer we go hunt at camp which is in that ballfield...funny leaving 2B to see deer....but its the truth

·
Registered
116 Posts
ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS BECAUSE IT APPEARS THAT THE PGC IS BRINGING BACK CONCURRENT BUCK/DOE GUN SEASONS, WHICH MEANS 2 WEEKS OF SHOOTING DOE AND BUCK THE ENTIRE GUN SEASON, WHICH IN MY "OPINION" IS REALLY, REALLY BAD!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey benny, your buddy has a camp in the sigel area? I usually spend about 7 to 10 days a year up there archery hunting. Not all at once, but weekends and stuff. There are a lot of quality bucks, you just gotta get out and work for em. The days are done of just climbing up a tree and having 10-15 deer walk by on one sit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts