The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never picked ramps before, but came across this patch when looking for morels. I wanted to get your opinion on if they were in fact ramps, or if I pulled some random plants out of the woods. I couldn't pull them straight out as they broke at the base of the stem so had to dig them up a little bit. Some had 2 leaves but most had 3. The stems were not purple like I've seen in pics of other ramps. The smell was pretty strong, especially when they were in my car for a half hour and I got back in it. Here are a few pics of them in the woods and after I got them out of the ground.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
They look like the ramps I was eating today and the leftovers in the fridge.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made sure to spread out in the area where I took them from. There were definitely plenty to choose from.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Pickle up those bad boys and enjoy them with a cold beer by the fire later on!! Quick question for you eat one of those raw and let me know if it has a spicy bite to it. I seem to find the ones that don't have the purple stem like the ones you found are much more milder then the purple stem ones. Might just be me.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I just dehydrated a 5 gallon bucket full and ground them into a powder. My whole house smells like them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts