The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't need to know where you pick them or anything, just want to see if anyone has found Ramps/Leeks in SEPA; specifically Chester or Montgomery County?

I grew up in WNY, and we picked them all over Chautauqua County and Warren County...just never found any down this way.

·
Registered
849 Posts
They should be coming up real soon, I'm in northern Wayne county and am waiting to see them sprout up.
How do you preserve your Ramps? I know fresh is best, especially in potato soup.

Best place to look is near a runoff on the side banks in wooded areas, That's where I find most of mine. Also check online for some information.
Good luck.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have dehydrated them and then ground them up (bulbs only).

I have also added a LOT into a jar of Pickled Eggs. That was absolutely spectacular.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
The ones her in Mercer Co are just starting to poke up out of the ground. By the time I get back from Trout season they should be ready.

Reactions: Waynzee

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the absolute mother load in Sullivan County this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm about 3-4 hours away, and only had so much time on Saturday.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Found a truck load and about a few more days they'll be just right, I like em with a little bit of a bulb on the bottom and some length to the stem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts