The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Ram HEMI that I bought from a guy about a year ago and has @ 88K miles on it (most of which I have put on). How can I get a handle on what factory recommended maintenance needs to be done to the truck?
I change the oil every 3K miles and clean the air filter every 6 months but I am concerned that there may be something relative to the HEMI engine maintenance that I am not aware of.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Jimsdad, contact the Ram dealerships service department and talk to them. They should be able to tell you. They might try to talk you into bringing it in , but just tell them of your concerns of doing the right maintenance and was just asking for advise and information.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nothing else that I know of. I have a 2005, 5.7 Hemi Durango with 195,000 miles. Just oil and air filter changes every 5,000, miles. Regular non synthetic oil. Still have the original trans, and no engine work.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The oil viscosity is extremely important in these engines(An engine builder stressed this to me). The 5w-20(I think that is correct) is what the engine was designed around. Otherwise they have been pretty indestructible for us.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I would also look into changing the spark plugs before 100k. The only reason I am saying that is because several people I know have F 150 and they ended up having a hard time getting them off and in several cases they ended up spending over $1k on repairs .

Hopefully, that is not the case since I have a 16 Ram

1 - 10 of 10 Posts