The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to go back to a fixblade head this year. after havin a couple of my rage not opening last fall..... I have been looking alot toward the ram cats? can any one tell me a littel about this head? good or bad? and are tey a barbed broadhead just wondering if i can use them here in ny ?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well they are not barbed great design! Fly just like my field points. I shot those and the exodus last year which are considered barbed. It was a toss up for me and I went with the Exodus for last year.Killed some deer with them. Gonna switch to Ramcats for 2013. They made some improvements I like and my bro-inlaw tore some nasty holes with the Ramcats last year. They were made here in Pa. but I believe now in China.I've used mechs. for years and decided to switch back to fixed last year.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Only one of the exodus versions is barbed. Depending on your states rules, the ramcat may be also. All that aside, they are an awesome head! They fly good from my setup, and punch great holes.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
They are as good as it gets when it comes to fixed blade broadheads. I killed 7 deer this year with them, all pass throughs, and blew through a few shoulder blades. Easy to replace the blades. Super solid, fly like field points, cut great holes, what more can you ask for.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I made the switch to Ramcats this past season and I couldn’t be more happy with them. Fly straight, big holes, penetrate great, replaceable blades, low tissue drag and the list goes on. One thing you have to remember to do is to set one blade at 9:00 so it doesn’t hit your riser. This may not be a problem if your arrows are past your riser at full draw, but mine weren’t so I had to double check this. Check out my nephews and my hunts from this season (both deer shot with Ramcats) and my in field review on the Ramcats. Just hit the link below and it will take you to my you tube page where you can find them. Best of luck with your decision.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Myself and several hunting friends have switched to the over them last couple years. Very solid head and the improvments they made to them last year make them even better. Bret Fulton is a nice guy to deal and cool thecompany is from PA.

I shot two deer with them this past year. The first broke two ribs and burried in the ground, but I was dissapointed with the blood trail. It was a very steep angleshot with a high entry and mid level exit. Body cavity filled up just didn't come out much. Deer went about 150yds. The second only went 40yds and was pumping blood

I think they are a perfect size for a fixed head at 1 3/8" for 100gr. They do tear up a practice target somthing fierce

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Just a side note, Brett said if you want a 1 1/2" cut instead of 1 3/8" the blades from the 125 gr. head will fit in the 100 gr. body but only raise the weight to 102 gr.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Yes they do. After I shot two of mine through deer this year, I bought the 125 replacements to increase the cutting diameter. Still fly perfect, and 2 grains definitely doesnt make the slightest bit of difference in impact point.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They work flawless for me. I killed two buck with the ramcat this year, after switching over from muzzy. My PA buck was torn up so bad that the butcher asked me, in all honesty, what I used to kill it. I said a ramcat. He replied that the inside of that deer looked like one that would've been shot with a 7mm rifle......and he's been butchering for years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts