The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

New to the forums. Grew up in Crawford county and hunted deer in my youth. Living in the Philadelphia area now and getting back into hunting. Looking forward to the community to help teach me what I need to know and give back where I can!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Welcome to HPA...I`m sitting here right now at my camp along French Creek in Crawford Co. near Cochranton, if you know where that is?.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure do! I spent all of my teenage years in Meadville.

I hear it's been a bit wet out that way lately. Hope you're keeping dry.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Sure do! I spent all of my teenage years in Meadville.

I hear it's been a bit wet out that way lately. Hope you're keeping dry.
Yes, it`s been quite wet around these parts, French Creek is running pretty high and with the opening of bass season on Saturday the bite will not happen....I most likely will try Lake Wilhelm along with everyone else, there will probably be a bunch of boats and kayaks on the lake.....

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
French Creek, Crawford County - Meadville.
Love that area. Doing some reading now on the French and Indian War and the history of that area relative to the F&IW is fascinating. I am from Turtle Creek a long time ago and have long been fascinated on the history of western PA since I was a kid.
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Welcome. Had to be either work or a woman that made you go to Philli. Been there many times and way to many ppl for me. I grew up in Cochranton and spent a lot of time in Meadville. Even worked at Channellock for a while.

Buckskin Dave you live in downtown Deckards ? You know the Mayor Doug Wagner ?? LOL

SlickShot Carlton is below Cochranton, kind of hard to up stream from Cochranton and have Carlton up stream rom you LOL.

Crossed the Cochranton bridge yesterday, French creek is pretty wild...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Crawford Co. is one of my favorite places to hunt deer. Hunt the Erie wildlife area just out of Cambridge Springs every year. You need to get back to your roots.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts