The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
My parents built our cabin in 2000, no problems knock on wood. Except the usual routine staining and maintenance . We have excellent views as well. From our front porch we can see the New York state line. And with a spotting scope see into southern tier of New York. We enjoy sitting there and looking at the wonderful scenery.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Coffee in the morning and adult beverages in the evening on that porch. Very nice! The vibe that a camp gives to a person is the best pill in the universe. Makes one forget of all of the turmoil in this country.
Well stated. My better half says I get “ stuck “ on the porch. So does she.

Denny, enjoy. I was up Tuesday to Sunday. Hopefully get back up there next week for a extended period.

·
Registered
25,784 Posts
Monday until this morning at camp, for me. Almost used up what was left of last year's firewood while there. Low 30s every morning, frost one morning. Bits of snow here and there where the Sun didn't get at it. Cousin said they had about 3" on the grass.

Spent time on the front porch as always. If we aren't out there enough to suit her, the dog paws at me until we go out. Her favorite place up there, besides her food dish.

:)

No turkeys around close by, so just finished up some of last fall's chores on the new wood shed. Cut some more wood for the fall. We'll get at that Memorial Day weekend, when my son is up. Glad I waited to put the face boards on the wood shed until this spring. Cost me $50 for five 1x6x8' boards. And that was the "cheap" stuff.

Tuesday evening around 7:30, over on the hill close to NY line to use the cell phone. A Jake ran across the road about 100' in front of the truck. Popped out of a fence row that comes down to the road. No shortage of deer. Drove around that night at dusk, 90 of 'em out feeding, in far less than a square mile near camp.

Hated to come home today, but it's only two weeks until Mem. Day.(y).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts