The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Steelers cut Rainey today. He was arrrested in Florida this morning. Anyone know the details?

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
I think they did the right thing, but they sure have a double standard in that office.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did act pretty fast. Rainey hasn't even been convicted.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
They acted fast because of his record. He prior to the draft he sent a text to a girlfriend that said something like she must die.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm sure he was cut in large part due to the relatively low tolerance of these cases within the Steeler's organization. However, I suspect the fact that he was dead weight on the roster made the decision a lot easier.

I can't figure out why the Steeler's would use a draft pick to select a running back from a college like Florida, which is predominantly a pass oriented team that rarely uses blocking backs. Only 3 decent running backs from Florida ever amounted to much in the NFL and Rainey isn't one of them.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
He was drafted to be a 3rd down guy and a kickoff returner. And he was decent at those jobs. He wasn't "dead weight". He actually was probably as valuable as Spinderella or Wallace. But he made a huge mistake, and will pay for it. Who knows, sometime in the future, he could become the next CJ2K. But it won't be with the Steelers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts