The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Good trapping in the rain. Lots of grinners and skunks along with wet K9s.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Rain usually means set maintenance the next day but my best checks were after a rainy night. Heavy rain wasn't fun but I'd keep them running.

·
Premium Member
24,086 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I pulled everything before deer season. I'll be setting this Saturday. Calling for snow here on Friday and Saturday. Snow, rain or whatever, I'm setting.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im new to trappin. I set sunday and had a rain or two since how often should i refresh when its raining on and off?

·
Registered
356 Posts
varmint said:
Im new to trappin. I set sunday and had a rain or two since how often should i refresh when its raining on and off?
If you get a heavy rain I would refresh after that , but if it's only showers I would say every 2 3 days just a little bit, if your bed looks like a frog pond i would take the wet dirt out re bed with new, I don't use pan covers but after a heavy rain dirt gets chased under my pan. Wouldn't know what it would look like if you are using pan covers
Just my $0.02

·
Registered
932 Posts
If it gets real wet I snap till it dryes, only because I will not run field roads or edges in risk of ruts. And over the years I have not lost a farm. I believe and have been told the reason I gave is why..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts