The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at all the greens and yellows on the radar echos boys! May your duck spots be lavished with much moisture...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Jason be carefull what you wish for. Looks like weare going to get dumped on. I started building the Ark..lol..

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It been so dry we need the rain the river is finally comming up there for a while down at my boat dock the river stage was like 2.5 feet. The river on the rise maybe with this rain it will bring the river up to 4-5 foot.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I hope things flood for the first couple days. I have some flooded timber spots that are rediulous for ducks when the river and creeks flood. Bring on the rain!!

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Locally, Bucks co., they are calling for 2-4" with spots getting as much as 6-7". Rain will definetly help start the season off right

·
Registered
193 Posts
Remember it needs to rain north of us for it to be sustained. it could rain 100 inches here but thats all temporary need it to pour in lower ny and upper pa

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
...virtually the entirety of both New York and Pennsylvania are predicated to see some type of steady rainfall. The furthest west portions of PA and NY will not likely be hit by the storm. As you come east across both states the predicted rainfall increases, the easternmost parts of the state possibly seeing up to 6-9". If things pan out for us here in Eastern PA, there should be plenty of water around the 9th

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The rain here will fill the ponds here that are half empty hopefully.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Rain is a good thing no matter what! Ive been wearing my Native american gear for weeks now running around in circles in the yard guess it finally worked

·
Registered
948 Posts
Rain makes corn. Corn makes whiskey. Whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky. Rain is a good thing.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
bellyup said:
Remember it needs to rain north of us for it to be sustained. it could rain 100 inches here but thats all temporary need it to pour in lower ny and upper pa
Not sure if this is enough?

·
Registered
202 Posts
other than being cut short on hours at work (landscape supervisor), im loving the rain. Duck holes are filling up, woodies are coming in thick, and river is coming up enough to take a boat back out finally

·
Registered
193 Posts
So many smart meteoroligists on here, I was simply pointing out that it takes rain north of here to sustain river levels... not just a few rain drops... most people would have to be pretty ignorant to not know that rains from a hurricane would not provide some relief to the drought conditions we are in. However, if it does not percipitate for weeks after this the river and other waterways will quickly find their way back to below average levels.

So please before you go quoting someone and stating a very smart donkey response. Take a second and think if you are intellegently representing the rest of the waterfowl community.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
bellyup said:
So many smart meteoroligists on here, I was simply pointing out that it takes rain north of here to sustain river levels... not just a few rain drops... most people would have to be pretty ignorant to not know that rains from a hurricane would not provide some relief to the drought conditions we are in. However, if it does not percipitate for weeks after this the river and other waterways will quickly find their way back to below average levels.

So please before you go quoting someone and stating a very smart donkey response. Take a second and think if you are intellegently representing the rest of the waterfowl community.
haha, id worry about representing myself before a bunch of guys i dont know...

still gonna look like an idiot!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
bellyup said:
percipitate

If you're going to spout off (pun intended) about something...may want to use spell-check or you may look a little silley (spelled incorrectly on purpose for humors sake)!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Jgunns thank you for your vast intelligence and knowledge of the English language....
And know by the power vested in me I knight you Internet Forum English Knight please continue to scour all chat sites looking for grammatical and spelling errors.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am sorry huntingpa for my lack of control... it is exactly this reason that I am slow to post on this site... people make statements, give opinions and share experiences only to be ruined by some school age antics where people are belittled and poked fun off.

Im reminded of two quotes... "If you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all"
and my favorite "IM COOLER ONLINE"

Try and be nice you might actually like it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts