The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Rage or Toxic?

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  South872 
#1 ·
What do you guys prefer? Rage or Toxic Broadheads.. I use rage, but my buddy just got the Toxic 6 blade fix.. Looks like it could do some real damage.. Any thoughts, or suggestions on other ones?

#8 ·
I lost 2 deer to Rage 2 blades, both were good shots and under 35yds. I believe they did not open. I have also killed 3 deer with them out to 40yds and watched them drop soooo. I switched to G5 strikers this year and they fly great and are hitting the target harder than the rage practice tip did. 2 losses are unacceptable to me regardless of the devastation I have seen from rage

#11 ·
I have nothing bad to say about Rage. I have been doing well with them since switching over about 5 years ago. I have taken 3 bucks with them. They do some damage. My buck 2 years ago I hit and it walked maybe 15 feet and laid down and died. First one I got to watch the blood pumping out of as it's heart pulsed from behind its shoulder.

My deer last year jumped the string so to speak and I hit high but still got lung and heart and it went about 75
yards. When I found it there was blood everywhere. The rage put a nice entry hole in it and when the arrow popped out he sprayed everywhere.

Rage did the trick for both. Like any broadhead it's about shot placement. I aim for the heart and hope they hold still.

Good luck this season

#12 ·
Shed Antler said:
Exodus swept penetrated a lot better then the ramcat,so I went with the exodus. Plus it seems much more heavy duty then the ramcat.
i have never had a problem with penetration personally and that includes one far shoulder hit. i have seen one guy have poor penetration with one but all the cutting it did on the way out since it's a razor on both sides did the trick.

#15 ·
"I use G5 t3 but in the long run, it's all about shot placement."

The. End.

a field tip will kill a deer if you double-lung one. rifle or bow- its always always always about shot placement. get a broadhead that flies good with your setup, practice, know your limitations, and only take shots you are 100% confident that you can make.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.