The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switched to Hypodermic from Rage Crossbow. Have yet to shoot a deer with one. Has anyone had any issues with the Hypodermic out of a Crossbow. I shoot a Missin 360. Thanks.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have used both, and still use the orange 125 grain Rage crossbow heads. Be VERY sure the broadheads have the RED--I REPEAT RED shock collars-especially if you, or anyone you know is using an Excalibur crossbow. The red shock collars are for higher poundage bows, and I have had great results with them. I have done extensive experiments with the broadheads using the other color shock collars, and the red ones retain the blades the best, and I have yet to have any issues. I think the hypodermics are more durable, but I have a bunch of the orange crossbow ones so I will use those until my supply is exhausted. Both the Hypodermics, and orange 125 grain crossbow heads have done well for me. Flight characteristics, and the deer taken using them expired quickly. Either head will do great as long as the equipment, and shooter do their part. Best of luck this season to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts