The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an Excalibur Equinox for 10 years or so. Always shot fixed blade Thunderheads or Slicktricks. Bought a tenpoint a few years ago and the Excalibur is a back up now. I got a killer deal on rage extreme's and they work well out of the tenpoint. I tried one out of the equinox (225# draw) and I missed the target at 20 yards. The rage opened and hit the sturip of the bow. Is it worth getting the red shock collars? they are made for 380fps and the equinox is around 320. As for now I will just shoot fixed blades out of it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You NEED the red shock collars. I shoot a Matrix 380 with the standard Diablo arrows, and Rage 125 grain crossbow-orange in color. I had issues--I actually contacted Rage, and they sent me the red shock collars. I have killed six deer using the Rage crossbow 125 grain heads with RED shock collars with no issues at all. I tested, and wasted three heads using them--NO--absolutely NO pre-deployment using the RED shock collars. Get them-you'll be just fine then.

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
Use crossbow versions of broadheads in crossbows. Those that are prone to opening have a stiffer retention system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts