The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOUGHT THESE FOR MY WIFES CROSSBOW AND THE PLASTIC SLEEVE THAT HOLDS THE BLADES KEEP BREAKING JUST WHILE IN QUIVER WHILE HUNTING, MY OPINION IS I AM IN RAGE FOR SPENDING THE MONEY ON THESE POORLY MADE HEADS, WILL BE PUTTING SLICK TRICKS BACK ON, GUESS GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE HYPE ON TV SHOWS ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL THE RAGE HEADS ARE, I CALL B.S.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have had the same problem with them opening in my quiver.The band breaks.They make a quiver the rage will fit,I bought one 2 years ago.HAVENT BROKEN A BAND IN THE QUIVER SINCE .Ill try to find the name.I use to buy a pack of extra sleeves every year 9 bucks.I think the advantage of the broadhead out weighs the problem of the bands braking.My son said they have a new system where the sleeves dont break on the RAGE.I didnt see that myself so not sure.GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have been hearing a lot of good reports on that SPITFIRE MAXX.Might buy a 3 pack next year and try.Do they fly true as your practice point?

·
Banned
540 Posts

this is the entrance wound.
125 grain 2 blade Rage.
delivered via a matrix 380.
shot was 33 yds.
I had no problems with the collar.
biggest trouble I have is trying to
get them out of thequiver without
hitting blades.

·
Registered
881 Posts
To me the advantages out weigh the small disadvantages. Raged fixed the blade poping out problem with the shock collar.

I griped about that as well. But the 2 inch cut diameter is important to me. So I'll take em.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Don't shove the heads all the way up to the shoulders of the blades that deploy and it shouldn't happen.

·
Banned
540 Posts
whil e kioti said:
Don't shove the heads all the way up to the shoulders of the blades that deploy and it shouldn't happen.
yup thats what I do.
but getting out still im careful.
that buck weighed 200 lbs and only
ran 60 yards.
3 yrs straight .
watched them drop.
cant beat that.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If you are using a quiver with a foam insert...there is your problem.

When you push the broadhead into the foam, it deploys the head. Thats how they are designed to work...deploy on contact.

Use an open quiver with no foam and your problem will go away.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use the Rage Crossbow X and the collars are fine for me. They fly well and do an overall great job just like all Rage broadheads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts