The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have anything to say about rage broadheads good or bad?? I am thinking about switching to them next year and just wanted to hear what other hunters had to say first....

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Great broadheads! I use the 2 blade 100 gr and every deer i have shot with them has died within 30 yrds of the shot and if you would have to track one it wouldnt be hard because they trail is amazing!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Jimmers, I use the two inch two blade. I have had wonderful results.
I have used many different brands and have stopped looking (for the time being).
Sometimes feel uncomfortable with the band and the lack of snap. -SL

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
That's for sure, plenty of opinions. I love them, they really are a great broadhead in my opinion. I use the two blade 2" blades. Good luck.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Alot of guys dont say this but I had a good experience with them this year. They worked fine for me and gave an awesomw blood trail and complete pass thru. The only thing ill agree with is that they cant fix a bad shot. I recently switched my wife from miniblasters to the Rage 40KE 1.5" cut 2 blades and it was devasting on her doe at 25 yds shooting 25 inch draw and 45 lbs with a pass thru. just depends on the hit. I used the 100 gr 2 blades

·
Registered
691 Posts
I know several guys that used them over the past few years. One guy loves them, the other two hate them. The biggest complaint I heard was the lack of penetration. Obviously, if you hit right behind the shoulder in the rib cage you are ok, but they were complaining about shots on some bone. That is all I really know

·
Registered
173 Posts
i'm still kinda of torn. my penetration this year was just like some of the first shots on the video(about half the arrow ). the rage just poked out the opposite side armpit, thought it may have stopped because of the opposite leg , but now i don't know. either way the deer was dead in 40 yards. p.s. the shot was through the rib cage, rage 2 blade with a tuned bow.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Got my first deer with one this season. They did the job for sure. Although, I've never really had a broadhead issue before.

I was loyal to Rocket Broadheads for years and they did me right also.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Every broadhead arrow can be installed improperly by a hunter. Modern hunters assume a mechanical broadhead will automatically work. Wrong.
Every hunter should spend a half hour see how the broadhead works; that it does work; how it can be installed incorrectly.

With such attention to detail, I found I installed a broadhead incorrectly with two different kinds of broadheads.

And the result could have been me blaming the broadhead, instead of the broadhead installer, me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts