The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to try the rage heads on my wife's crossbow. that's the last time for that. everytime she pulled them out of the quiver the blades unlocked. she wasn't aware of this and it cost her a shot at a doe. when she dropped the hammer the arrow flew all over the place. went back to the g5's and threw the others away

·
Registered
483 Posts
it doesnt take more than 2 seconds to put an arrow in the bow and quickly check to make sure that your blades are locked into the o ring....idk about you but im willing to take that amount of time so that i can get the 2 in entry holes that i got on both does that i shot this year so far...only went 30-40 yards...huge bloode trail...but you can stick to the g5s if u wish

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
please send them to me.

I'm not going to bash you so dont take this the wrong way but you gotta be familiar with how they work. I think thats why so many people get frustrated with them opening on their own. You have to hear and feel that "click" the O ring makes when you snap the blade into it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have'nt had a problem with mine opening at all in the quiver, no foam also. As stated by Q2XL12 there is a distinct click when blades are seated properly, if it does'nt click try replacing o-ring. These things work awesome!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
ReDnEcKbOhUnTeR said:
it doesnt take more than 2 seconds to put an arrow in the bow and quickly check to make sure that your blades are locked into the o ring....idk about you but im willing to take that amount of time so that i can get the 2 in entry holes that i got on both does that i shot this year so far...only went 30-40 yards...huge bloode trail...but you can stick to the g5s if u wish
im sorry but if u spend $40 on 3 rages u shouldnt have to check to make sure that they arent open

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Q2XL12 said:
they are mechanical, thats what they are supposed to do
yea i know thats what they are suppose to do...but if im goin to spend that kind of money on a BH i want to know that im not goin to have alot of problems...what if u miss or a bad hit and get a real quick second shot, checking that BH is the last thing on my mind

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
This is probably the 5th post about Rage Broadheads being junk and the 5th post of the broadheads being junk because of the hunters mistake.
I am a fan of the Rage broadheads and as I stated before, the broadheads arent junk because of the way they are manufactured, they are junk because the hunter doesnt take the time to research and double check that the blades are properly secured before shooting them. It take less than a second to make sure that the blades are seated properly behind the O-ring.......

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
huntingfool said:
decided to try the rage heads on my wife's crossbow. that's the last time for that. everytime she pulled them out of the quiver the blades unlocked. she wasn't aware of this and it cost her a shot at a doe. when she dropped the hammer the arrow flew all over the place. went back to the g5's and threw the others away

WTG.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wing & a Prayer said:
back to the point that rages werent meant for x-bows
Not sure where you got this info from. This is directly from the manufacturer's website.

"RAGE™ Broadheads are ideal for shooting with your crossbow!"

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I'm a person that doesn't want to have to worry about equipment failure. The only mechanical thing I own for archery hunting is my release. No mechanical broadheads, no drop away rests. I don't want to have to look at my broadheads before each shot. Only thing I have to do it pull each arrow from my quiver, and make sure each Muzzy is screwed on tight. Don't really have to, bt it makes me feel better.

IMO if someone wants to spend that kind of cash for broadheads, and knows how to properly use them, then by all means have at it. I just can't see it.

Several years ago I bought some mechanical broadheads. They did shoot good. I shot a deer with one the first day, and wasn't real pleased with the results, but those weren't rage so I won't comment on that. The following year the o-rings were dry rotted. I took them off, and put my muzzy's back on.

I dropped a deer a couple weeks ago, and wasn't sure about it because it was kicking around. In my exitement I managed to empty my quiver. The last shot was perfect, but she was dead before it hit. That was 4 shots. THAT WOULD HAVE COST ME OVER $50 JUST IN BROADHEADS IF I USED RAGE!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts