·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
delete, too much drama my bad for posting a video of my success

·
Registered
21,379 Posts
Who said they don't work?A field point can kill a deer but I still see no reason to spend 40 bucks on them.I still see no reason to put a 2+ inch hole in a deer.I've been on hand when several deer have been killed with rages and they don't drop any faster on average than the one's I KILL WITH FIXED BLADES.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have seen too many Rage rants to remember. Some say they work, some say they dont. I for one think they put "huge wound channels" in deer if hit right, but if not hit right, the penetration is horrible. Bottom line is if you are happy with them...great.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Used rage last season
Killed 2 deer with them
Both pass throughs
first blood trail blood was minimal (deer went 50 yards)
second blood trail blood was everywhere (deer went 30 yards)

They work, but this year I will be using a fixed blade broadhead.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That video is terrible, big deal, some blood on the ground. I can name 5 heads off the top of my mind that I've seen twice that much blood from. There is a lot of factors to consider when basing it off of a blood trail, broadhead is nothing.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You'll open up a can of worms with this one. They work great for one, and terrible for another. I like the hole they make, but not the price.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
flanuva said:
I have seen too many Rage rants to remember. Some say they work, some say they dont. I for one think they put "huge wound channels" in deer if hit right, but if not hit right, the penetration is horrible. Bottom line is if you are happy with them...great.
That's it in a nutshell.

Me? I've seen one too many hit and half or more of the arrow sticking out. I've never used them personally and never will.

Slick Tricks all the way until I croak.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I agree with the Nuge. My friend whacked a doe in the shoulder at 20 yards. No penetration. 2 days later he shot her out of the same stand with a crimson and got her. The Rage barely broke the skin; it just left a small cut and a bruised shoulder.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
The one deer I shot with a two blade rage was a complete passthrough and buried the arrow in the ground,deer went thirty yards.I don't use them after that,they seem to work good,but I still use the slick tricks,going to grizz tricks this year,I just don't like taking many chances with expandables.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
yo i use rage puts a hole in a deer like it got hit with a 300 win. good blood. shoulder shot no good for any broad head, thats why arrow is sticking out. shoulder blade on deer is wide and flat and not connected to deer no vein to bleed...later

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
shoulder shot no good for any broad head, thats why arrow is sticking out.
I saw 2-3 deer hit at 20 yards or less in the rib cage and have 18-20" of arrow sticking out.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
SpiritNugent said:
b&ghuntre said:
shoulder shot no good for any broad head, thats why arrow is sticking out.
I saw 2-3 deer hit at 20 yards or less in the rib cage and have 18-20" of arrow sticking out.
thats all ive got to hear to not use them.

ill stick with my grim reaper fixed blades.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
your not alone i've heard guys don't like them i only shot 1 deer with them so far about 15 yds. just back of shoulder passed through good blood. i use to always use razor backs. good heads. i guess rage is a love hate thing...later

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
One was a good buddy of mine... a member on here as well. Had the buck come in to 12-15 yards, he made a great shot.

Bow was a Hoyt Katera set at 70 pounds of pull, with a 29" draw.

He got the deer, was enough to get the one or two lungs. Deer went 30-40 yards and piled up.

Had over half of that arrow sticking out of him. At less than 15 yards...

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
well for the$$$ i'll shoot them then i'll see was going to get slicks but guy at shop talked me into the125 gr. rage broad heads are up in price like bullets. after i get blood that arrow and head gets retired just me...later

·
Registered
162 Posts
dump the rage heads had nothing but problems with them. now only use G5's. dropped two bucks with them that only went 50yrds. before everybody freaks one was mine and the other was my wife's

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
You ever watch one of the Drury's shows? They religously shoots Rage's, but the number of pass throughs is very minimal. I'd rather have a hole in both sides.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
This is my experience with them. I've shot two deer with rage 2 100 grain heads. The first was a rib cage shot at 25 yards. The arrow went in about half way and the buck piled up about 50 yards from where it was shot. Had a nice blood trail initially but then tapered off to almost nothing. It was a huge entry hole but no exit. The next deer was the buck i got this year. First shot was in the neck at like 5 yards, (was the only shot i had), and the arrow went in a few inches and fell out, left a nice hold though. The second shot was at 35 yards in the chest and got no penetration with that either not that i expected much, although it did stop the deer in its tracks. I will be switching back to fixed blades next year and ill be trying the slick tricks as nuge has always suggested. For some reason, i dont even know this guy, but i trust what he says. I myself have used WASP heads for years and i always had pass throughs and kills but ive never been happy with their grouping. From what i hear about the slick tricks they fly almost identical to your field points. I got a new bow this year so ill be using fixed blade heads with that bow this year. I still have 3 rage heads that im keeping to use with my back up bow if it comes down to it. Its already sighted in with those heads so i might as well just keep them around and use them if i get the chance. The other thing i didnt like about the rage heads was the fact that if your not careful the blades pop out on you when you are still hunting.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts