The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any flight problems with thier rage 2 blades? Mine are not flying very well. I'm shooting a monster 7.0.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Are you sure they are closed properly? Make sure you follow the instructions on closing the blades. I actually tap the shaft of the arrow on my hand to see if they will open or not. They should not open unless the shoulder of the blade is touched. Good luck this year.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they don't open at all. the end tabs lock behind the o ring. They were closed properly. I bought the G5 strikers...they absolutely fly perfect and hit hard.

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you are happy and confident with the strikers use them. I have killed many deer with the 100 gr strikers and they do well for me. Everyone is sold on a huge cutting diameter when you should concentrate more on shot placement.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
What do you mean by not flying well? Not hitting where your field points hit or are they porpoising? More specific so we can help. Also, is your bow tuned and arrows correctly spined?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have been shooting rages for 3 years haven't lost a deer since i started. shoot broadheads and field points together and i'm cutting my fletchings off. it don't get better than that.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Phase47 said:
Here's a solution...don't buy Rage! How's that for marketing eh?
is there a reason behind that because I think they are by far the best broadhead on the market

·
Registered
743 Posts
when suited with the right amount of power behind it the rage is the best out there. if you lack the power then buy the rage 40ke. the only drawback to the rages are replacing the rubber bands + 1 with zbowhunterd. best out there and safer to handle and use

·
Registered
21,534 Posts
That's extremely debatable.Will they kill a deer?Sure but so will every other head.I'll guarantee that the deer I kill with fixed blade heads die jusr as fast.I get full penetration every time,don't have to worry about them opening up prematurly and I can reuse every single head.Best part is,they cost about half as much.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I'm still trying to find the documentation, other than a post on a forum, that has them opening prematurely. My favorite is the post that says they did not open and that is why they lost the deer, yet no proof that they did not open.

·
Registered
21,534 Posts
pottercountyman said:
Good insurance for bad shots though. Gut shot deer die quicker with bigger holes. Sadly I know this to be true.
I get called to help recover multiple wounded deer in TL each year.I've seen gut shot deer shot with everything from 2 bladed heads to rages.If left alone without being pushed,the recovery rate has been 100%.However,about half the gut shot deer we recover are still alive the next morning and that includes the ones shot with rages.I've seen deer that were gut shot with rages still alive over 12 hours later.

I've killed over 32 deer over the past several years with fixed heads.So far only one has made it out of sight and that one I recovered the next day.You don't need a huge mechanical to kill a deer within seconds.

·
Registered
21,534 Posts
treed74 said:
I'm still trying to find the documentation, other than a post on a forum, that has them opening prematurely. My favorite is the post that says they did not open and that is why they lost the deer, yet no proof that they did not open.
I've seen several posts on several different message boards where people complained about them opening up in their quivers.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Depending on the quiver, they will open up when you push them into the foam, its how they work, this is not premature, this is applying force. If they are opening up in quivers without foam then they were not checked prior or the O-ring needs replaced. There are quivers that have two snaps that does not require foam, therefore no force on the broadhead. You should either modify your quiver so that this does not occur, heating up the practice head to form a pocket is a good one. You should also check to make sure when you knock it that the blades are secure and locked by the O-ring. The argument which i have seen is that there should be no reason to have to check this in situations where second shots are needed quickly. I agree, but if you are using this broadhead, you need to know that this needs/ should be done. If it;s something you don;t want to deal with it, don;t use them. I have found that the new t3s will also open when trying to push them into solid foam quivers, again, this is how they work and quivers need to be modified.

·
Registered
21,534 Posts
I see your point but still think that's a disadvantage.In any event,while a rage will certainly kill a deer,I can't see why they could possibly be considered the best bh out there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts