The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
I still see them by the rivers all winter, I would start near big water. Iv tried a couple times but have not had them come in. I have had luck just walking around at night with a coon squaller mouth call just blowing it and scanning around with a light. Thats somthing I need to do agian lol it was fun

·
Registered
142 Posts
My son was showing me some video's of guys calling them out of den trees and now he wants to give it a try.....its another way to get into the woods and should be interesting anyway, so we are going to try it some.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yea iv had my eye on an area with den trees, it is a very good idea to scout these trees because some look like perfect dens but they are empty , I look for there scat at the bottom of the trees, if they are active there will be alot, im sure in that senario it would work well, good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was out fox hunting recently and had my headlamp on and came across one from about 80yards. I would have never seen its eyes if it hadn't been for me walking up a hill. Got a nice clean shot. But it seems like one would always have to be scanning and looking up trees. Got a new foxpro going to try an bag me some more with the caller.

·
Banned
4,532 Posts
Treed one tonight while calling, let him go........he wasn't interested in my calling, just wandering around until I moved and got up to leave the field.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts