The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum site here there was a concern on the number of turkey poults this spring because of weather. I've seen more rabbits this year behind the house, more small ones today, than I've probably seen in the last ten years. Now that doesn't mean they will be here this fall but I think it has been a good year.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Interesting. I have a bunch of bunnies in my back yard too. At this time of year I usually have a few - but this year there are more than I have seen before. Darned woodchucks too.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Been seeing more rabbits around as well. Hopefully a good year for um.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Seeing more Rabbits here in SW PA than I have in the past 7 years. They are driving my Britts crazy by constantly hanging around the Kennel. May end up with Rabbit dogs instead of Bird Dogs. Ha! Ha!

I am seeing far less Deer around the house than in previous years. Gets me to wondering.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
BirdChaser said:
I am seeing far less Deer around the house than in previous years. Gets me to wondering.
The hawks are probably eating all the deer.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
By any chance have you noticed an increase in mice? Just saying. Waugh!

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
The deer mice herd has suffered tremendous setbacks...Where I used to count 30 or 40 now I'm lucky to see a few droppings on the barn beams

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
3 fawns, 2 doe and small buck this AM next to house, 2 turkey hens a few days ago with a dozen or so kids, and a bunch of rabbits. Rural area that is not hunted that hard though. Actually we probably have too many deer in the general area. Come fall who knows where they'll all be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts