The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="color: #000000">I know this is off topic but there are afew here who could help...Delete if need be. A very strange thing happened this evening----As my wife and I were about to roll up the garden hose a rabbit appeared about 10 yards away facing us. As I gently sprayed a little water towards him he began slowly walking to us. At 5 yards I flipped a bit more water figuring he would turn and run...He came right uo to me and stopped at my feet where I noticed a small bump above his right eye. Just didnt feel right so I didnt touch him and moved to the side and he went into my hostas next to the side porch which was only 3 more feet away. Could he have rabbies or what??? Not much experience with these crittters. </span>

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Any time an animal acts out of character or that "weird" there usually has to be something wrong........better off leaving it be but if you have kids or pets around I would contact a WCO.......

·
Registered
12,383 Posts
Yep a wild animal acting out of character is often sick. On the otherhand there are some domestic rabbits that look like our wild rabbits except the ears are longer. A pet that got loose? We see domestic escaped pet rabbits running loose around our neighborhood frequently. Usually they don't last too long though.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None on the neighbors have rabbits so that rules this one out---Im going to see if he is still under the side porch...Im hoping the KIT we have, got it last night for his dinner.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
My guess is "Worbles".Fly that lays eggs on host and worm is under skin.Deer get them in their horns.Old timers would not shoot rabbits till after hard frost.They felt it killed the worms but really killed the fly that layed the eggs.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
rabbits also get what they call white spoted fever it makes them sick and it will most likely kill them i just dont know what the signs are for it but that might help you

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Last week had a domestic rabbit act strange around us. Lethargic (but domestics seem that way to me anyway), and it kept shaking its head to one side. It would roll over in the dirt. Property owner had me kill it because there were kids around. But I couldn't help thinking, does it have an ear problem or is it suffering from the heat and thirst?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trapperzeke said:
Anyone else thinking of 'Monty Python' quotes, or is just me?
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
AND MY FAVORITE:
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
this is a weird post. Bunky, did not getting to come up here last flint season have some kind of adverse effect on you?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The bunny was found this evening still under my porch---sleeping forever! What a smell in the heat and full of worms or maggots in just a day---UGGGGHHHH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts