·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i dip em in egg coat em with cruched dorito"s
cover and bake

·
Registered
398 Posts
Skin rabbit while warm, thousand times easier. Quarter rabbit.Get a electric skillet.

Brown rabbit in skillet with olive oil and minced garlic on each side. About 4 mins each side.

Move temp. of skillet to about 250'F.
Add: one sweet onion chopped.
one green and one yellow pepper sliced
5 yukon gold potatoes skined and quartered
2 16oz cans of Red Pack tomato sauce ( or enough to
cover rabbits and most potatoes) I use Red Pack brand
you can use any brand, but Red Pack tastes like real
homemade sauce.

Cook for 20 mins covered each side.

Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Rabbit Linguini

1 rabbit cut up (I debone them when cleaning)
2 C water and chicken bouillon
2T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 C parsley
1 clove minced garlic
1 can (1 lb.) tomatoes
15 oz. can tomato sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
10 drops Tobasco sauce
1 tsp. basil
1/8 tsp. oregano

Cook rabbit in broth until tender. Fry onion, parsley and garlic in olive oil over med. heat about 7 minutes. Add rest of ingred. & heat to boiling. Lower heat to simmer & cook uncovered 45 minutes. Add rabbit to sauce, heat for a couple minutes. Serve over linguini. If sauce is too thick, add some water. Serves 4-6.

This has been a family favorite for years and our kids grew up eating it. Now when they come back home to visit they usually put in a request for some rabbit linguini. Delicious, hope you try it sometime

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
This recipe transformed my wife from saying "How can you shoot those things" to "When are you going to shoot more"!

Quarter rabbit and boil until cooked. Remove rabbit and pick all of the meat from the bone. Slice up an onion, some bell peppers and some mushrooms (Change whatever you don't like). Sautee the veggies in a frying pan with a tablespoon of butter. Once nearly cooked add the rabbit. Add some worchestershire sauce, a little marsala cooking wine and some montreal steak seasoning. When nearly finished melt 5 or 6 tablespoons of butter in the sauce and serve. Sorry, but I never measure much of anything but these are the main ingredients. It's basically sauteed rabbit with a marsala butter sauce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts