The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought we had a Quote of the Day thread but I can't find it. After a search all the ones I found said this is an old thread, you may want to consider starting a new one - or words to that effect. So here goes.

If you travel the States...they have a lot of different words than like what we use. For instance: they say 'elevator', we say 'lift', they say 'drapes', we say 'curtains' they say 'president', we say 'seriously deranged.'

Alexei Sayle

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
"Despite the enormous quantity of books, how few people read! And if one reads profitably, one would realize how much stupid stuff the vulgar herd is content to swallow every day."
Voltaire

"The comfort of the rich depends upon an abundant supply of the poor."
Voltaire

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think we have gone through a period when too many children and people have been given to understand ‘I have a problem, it is the Government’s job to cope with it!’ or ‘I have a problem, I will go and get a grant to cope with it!’ ‘I am homeless, the Government must house me!’ and so they are casting their problems on society and who is society? There is no such thing! There are individual men and women and there are families and no government can do anything except through people and people look to themselves first

Margaret Thatcher 1987

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."

David Gerrold

1 - 20 of 40 Posts