The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

Alexander Fraser Tytler

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
"The more I see of Arabs the less I think of them. By having studied them a good deal I have found out the trouble. They are the mixture of all the bad races on earth, and they get worse from west to east, because the eastern ones have had more crosses."

General George S. Patton

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
" I walk slowly, but I NEVER walk backwards "

Abraham Lincoln

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
" A Private soldier has as much right to justice as a Major-General"

Abraham Lincoln

Wonder if old Honest Abe felt this would also apply to Lt. Col's too

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

General George S. Patton

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

George S. Patton

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

General Douglas MacArthur

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
"In the process we lost sight of one of the cardinal maxims of guerrilla war: the guerrilla wins if he does not lose. The conventional army loses if it does not win".

1969 On the Vietnam War. In Foreign Affairs, Jan.
Henry Kissinger,

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
The human animal originally came from out-of-doors. When spring begins to move in his bones, he just must get out again. Moreover, as civilization, cement pavements, office buildings, radios have overwhelmed us, the need for regeneration has increased, and the impulses are even stronger.

Herbert Hoover

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.
Ansel Adams

Waugh!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot

Mark Twain

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

Charles Darwin

Waugh!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
World population needs to be decreased by 50%

Henry A. Kissinger

141 - 160 of 199 Posts