The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like a quiver hanging off the front of my x-bow, and I plan to remove it. How am I going to carry my bolts?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Use the quiver to carry the bolts into the woods. When I get into the stand I remove it and hang it from a hook.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
the outsider said:
I don't like a quiver hanging off the front of my x-bow, and I plan to remove it. How am I going to carry my bolts?
What brand and model do you have?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Octogon thanks for the link pretty cool quiver and the first set of pics weren't bad either.

I also keep it on the bow until I'm on stand. Most of my stands only have one hook to hang stuff. So I clip it to my back pack after I hang it on the hook.

·
Registered
12,725 Posts
I do alot of "still" hunting and I have always loved hip quivers for all of my bows, including recurve and compound.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I hope to get a recurve or longbow for still hunting this fall. I will definitely have to consider that set up. Do you take that off if you get on stand?

·
Registered
12,725 Posts
Yes, it comes off very easily. Just your quiver comed off, the sidewinder stays on your belt. Your existing quiver bracket slides onto the sidewinder and then is held on by a tension adjustment. You existing quiver bracket stays on the sidewinder as well.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Octagon,

I've never liked my bolts being attached across the front of my crossbow either and that hip quiver of yours is the cat's meow. Who can you order that quiver from? Please advise and thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Octagon,

Nevermind. I was able to gooble SRT and I see there's about six companies who handle it. Thanks again for bringing this item before us.

Dan

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i use a custom made quiver mount called "the ground pounder" that holds the arrows inline with the rail of my crossbow....

plus it's high enough to use any kind of sighting tool on my xbow....i leave my quiver on my xbow when hunting, the little extra weights adds to the vibration dampening too....it also stands my xbow on end while i'm standing waiting for deer to come along too..........bob

·
Registered
18,432 Posts
I use a GroundPounder quiver on my Excalibur, It mounts on the top of the bow and can be easily removed upon arriving at your stand . It doesn't get in the way at all when I have the bow shouldered and it helps with balance.
Sorry bob1961 I see you already posted a pic.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
no problem, lol....where in lacky county do you live? i think i asked you before, but i'm not sure....i'm between hawley and milford at the northern tip on pike co.......bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts