The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled my 2nd tag at 6am this morning. Went to an area last night to find some birds and it was a bust. So I decided that I haven’t hunted behind the house yet . So I got ready this morning, walked out the door at 5:35. Went to an area that they like to roost. I put out a hen decoy and sat down. A woodpecker was going nuts which got him to gobble. He was about 300 yards out. I grabbed the paddle box and hit it. He responded. About 2 minutes later he gobbled again. I called soft and he gobbled. Now he is at about 100 yards. 2-3 minutes later there he is at 35 yards and I’m pointed 45% to the left of him. He moved to my right behind a big tree which gave me the opportunity to sing his direction. He stepped out at 16 yards and boom . Raged out. 22.5 pounds 9 3/4” beard and 1” spurs. I very thankful. I have shot 2 nice birds this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I heard some on park drive gamelands past the gate last Saturday in Tioga. Friday morning I heard 1 past a place called county bridge in Tioga State Forest too! Love it up there! Lots of birds up north! Congratulations again on that tommy!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts