The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to put some new winners choice bowstrings and cables on my bow. I have decided to do winners choice strings and cables. I was going to do something different and do neon green and blue strings. do you guys think that doing flashy colors will have an effect on deer seeing it. i know it is a small amount of color but i also know deer supposedly see reds and blues the best. any feedback or experience would be apperciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
it doesnt matter what color you put on your bow. deer dont see red and blue like we see them. they see a different shade of them. plus the color would be so small it wouldnt matter. happy hunting!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i usually change them every 2 to 3 years depends mine are 2 years old now and they are looking rough plus winners choice are top notch, i put them on my old hoyt and neveer had to mess with the peep turning on me again

·
Registered
125 Posts
double c said:
how often do you guys change your strings and cables?
i guess that all depends on how much you shoot your bow and how well you take care of the string...my local shop where i bought mine said he would change it once a year if you go out shooting alot ( plus he dose it for free if you get your bow off of him) but thats really all i know somone else can probly help ya more

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Blue and green like this??

Although deer do see blue different than many other colors since it is closer to the UV spectrum they see in, there is not enough in a bow string to matter. You will be fine with blue and green strings.

·
Super Moderator
13,193 Posts
They are more prone to see ones vanes or bare face then string/cable color.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts