The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a flyer in the mail yesterday from one of the big chain stores advertising the Bushmaster Carbon 15 rifle for around $650. I am a little concerned about the composite upper and lower. Gun will be used for recreation and self defense. Any opinions on this rifle and the $650 price?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I dont know much about it but I was in the market for an ar-15 for a while and seen them for decent price. But the more I read about them and researched I went ahead and spent another $200 and bought an m&p 15a and Im happy I did. I know you can pick up the m&p15OR model for around $799 and some places online sell them for $699 shipped! Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You are right to be cautioned. Skip the carbon 15. Bushmaster is the only one making them for a reason. The AR platform wasnt designed to have a plastic lower and upper receiver, and while this combo may be ok for plinking a couple hundred rounds a year it most likely will fail. For about the same price you can get a DoubleStar or for a extra $150 you can buy a Spikes Tactical and have a good AR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts